Wednesday 31 October 2012

Wine Friday

October 26, 2012

Oh my favorite day.  This Friday being a bit better as the Boys did not have school.  Tonight I am in the mood for a special wine.  So after consulting with my notes I have decided on a Washington wine.

2009 Mark Ryan The Dissident
41% Merlot, 24% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Syrah, 8%Malbec and 8% Petit Verdot.
This was a great choice.  Rich, round and lusciously-filled.  S and I enjoyed this wine while watching a movie with our boys.

We visited Mark Ryan's tasting room in June 2011 after I ran my marathon in Seattle.  After the run we headed out to Woodinville for my reward.  Wine tasting.  Mark Ryan was the first tasting we did. They have a great fun tasting room in Woodinville.  This was a great little town.  The hotel(Willow Lodge) we stayed in was on of my favorite places we have stayed.  Sense of calm and relaxation.  It was such a great place to stay as it was within walking distance of many tasting rooms. The room were beautiful and we really loved it there.

Drinking this wine bought back good memories of some of the good things we enjoyed on the this trip. We also bought a couple more bottles of their wine.  I think I will keep them laid down for a bit before drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment